Porto Mirabello opened in September 2010. Reclamation work began in 2007, and construction of the jetties began in October 2008. The first berths were ready in June 2009 and the infrastructures on land were finished one year later.
The Harbour by numbers: The Harbour is a truly unique Italian urban marina built on the sea: a 40,000 m2 artificial peninsula and an expanse of water with an overall area of around 270,000 m2 leaves the coast intact, emphasizing Mirabello’s incontrovertible nautical vocation. The complex, linked to La Spezia by a footbridge, offers all mod cons and the very latest technology.
- 407 berths with 60-year state concessions starting from 12 m, 100 of them for super yachts measuring from 40 to 130 m
- Shipyard Team always present in the marina, resolving problems with boats both at the pier and in dry dock
- Technical service staff available 24 H to help with any navigation problem
- Port office
- Food service for large galleys with on-board delivery
- 11 locales including restaurants, wine bars and an English Pub
- Exclusive gym for commanders and crew
- Wellness Centre
- Electric courtesy cars, scooter hire and bicycles for local errands
- Heliport and shuttle service for longer trips
- Fully fenced marina with 24 H security service, 90 latest-generation video cameras and indoor and outdoor surveillance in specific areas
- 2 high-capacity service stations (SIF)
- 1,300 parking spaces and 287 covered spaces also in front of the berths
- Weather forecasting service
- Cathodic protection
Porto Mirabello. The superyacht’s point of reference
Porto Mirabello is ideal for super yachts, set in an extremely prestigious environmental context, near sites of incredible historical value offering breath-taking views such as Lerici, Porto Venere, Cinque Terre and Portofino. The strategic position of the northern Tyrrhenian Sea makes Porto Mirabello the ideal place to start a short sea trip to some of the most charming tourist destinations in the Med such as Monte Carlo, Corsica, Elba Island, Capri, the Amalfi coast, or wonderful Porto Cervo in Sardinia. It’s an innovative project, designed to guarantee its guests excellent services, state-of-the-art solutions, space, the greatest practicability and full focus on the exclusive yachting target in a peaceful setting, well-being, all mod cons and a vast choice of leisure activities.
The Shopping Center
Just a few steps from the sea and linked to La Spezia by a bridge, the Porto Mirabello Shopping Center is a great place to relax and enjoy yourself, with 30 top shops, a new comfortable wellness centre, a gym, a fine choice of 11 restaurants, wine bars, an English pub and a specific marine suppliers and yacht brokers.
The complex was built in full respect of nature and the environment, and for this very reason was awarded the Blue Flag in 2016 as a marina that meets strict criteria for water quality, environmental education, environmental management, and safety.
Today, Porto Mirabello is the jewel in the crown of La Spezia. Thirty years in the making, the harbour finally took shape thanks to a consistent investment of approximately 130 million euro from private shareholders, a “dream” that finally “came true”, and built in record time; just 2 years